Lenten Book Discussion: Inwardly Digest by Derek Olsen
St James Cathedral’s Formation Commission presents a Wednesday Evening Lenten Series Book Discussion of Derek Olsen’s “Inwardly Digest.” The discussion will be led by the Rev. Deacon Jessica Harmon in the Fireside Room. The series will begin on Feb. 22, from 6 to 7 p.m. before the Ash Wednesday service. From March 1 to March 29, the sessions will begin at 6 and run to 7:30 p.m.
The planned schedule is:
February 22: Introdution
March 1: Chapter 1 – Foundations
March 8: Chapters 2&3 – Essence and Anatomy of the Calendar
March 15: Chapters 5&6 – Essence and Anatomy of the Daily Office
March 22: Chapters 8&9 – Spirituality and Shape of the Eucharist
March 29: Chapter 10 – plus anything else we want to discuss
Discussion questions to guide your reading:
- What did you think of the topic/chapter titles before reading?
- What surprised or challenged you in the reading?
- Where did you encounter God/divinity in this week’s topic?
- What are you going to take with you (practices, beliefs, knowledge, etc.) from this week?
- What are you interested in learning more about?